When talking about apprenticeships, people don’t usually understand why or even how they are as good as they are. But that’s about to change because of this news story. The same goes with lifelong learning, people might not understand it, so they certainly don’t think it’s good, so the question is – what is lifelong learning and why does it benefit individuals?
Lifelong learning refers to the continuous and ongoing learning of knowledge, skills and personal development that an individual does on their own accord and because of self-motivation. It’s almost like a pursuit of knowledge that one wants to have. Lifelong learning is the idea that learning doesn’t have to be your traditional school or work learning as these are confined to certain periods of time but to be learning that continues to become a natural part of an individuals journey.
A select handful of key aspects of lifelong learning that are also benefits are as follows:
- Continuously acquiring new skills and knowledge to keep you relevant in your field. Which can lead to better job opportunities and career advancement.
- Becoming more adaptable to change, which is crucial in today’s rapidly evolving job market.
- Your confidence grows so you can perform better within your role and make more assertive decisions.
- Learning exposes you to different perspectives and approaches which enhance your problem solving abilities.
- Lifelong learning means connecting with peers, mentors, and experts and these relationships can open up opportunities and provide valuable insights.
- Constant learning helps with creativity and innovation, so you’ll be more likely to come up with new ideas.
- Intellectual ‘pursuits’ have been linked to cognitive health and reduced risk of age-related cognitive decline.
- Lifelong learning can also extend beyond professional skills, fostering personal development and a deeper understanding of yourself.
To sum it up, lifelong learning is a powerful tool for personal and professional growth. It equips individuals with the skills, knowledge, and mindset necessary to thrive in an ever-changing world. Whether this be in your career or personal life, the benefits of continuous learning are incredible.
Moving onto Steadfast Training and the learning included with this, the results are actually quite incredible. For starters, we offer a wide range of over 20 apprenticeships that are delivered in person, in the workplace with flexible start dates and our range of qualifications allows staff development and the acquisition of new knowledge and skills. These offered apprenticeships range all the way from Healthcare support workers all the way to HR Support and Business Administration so there is something for everyone.
Finally, for some facts and figures:
- 74% of employees say their apprentice improved the quality of produce or service in the workplace,
- 98% of employers state that apprentices add value to a business
- 99% of learners have enjoyed and felt their qualification supported their careers,
- And finally, 98% of our learners complete their apprenticeships with a merit or distinction.
If you also want to partake in lifelong learning then you can! Just follow the link here to get started today – Apprenticeship Training | Steadfast Training